Leadershipedelics S1E1 - Luc Van Poelje From Internet Startups to Helping Veterans
December 08, 2021
Luc Van Poelje from Psychedelic Insights
In this episode we connect with Luc Van Poelje, the founder of Psychedelic Insights. Luc is a psychedelic guide, working with high dose psilocybin truffles. Based out of Amsterdam, he ran 2 different psychedelic retreat centers and is setting up his 3rd one this year. He is a Royal Netherlands Marine Corps veteran, internet startup entrepreneur, a passionate plant medicine advocate and he is a proud dad to his daughter Sam.
- Luc's 1st experience with Ayahuasca and the impact on his life.
- His journey to follow his heart and how it unfolded.
- His work with the ministry of defense in Netherlands to create a program to help veterans.
- His relationship with nature and how he brings this into his work.
- What he has learned from working with over 300 clients.
- His perspective on leadership in the world and on legalization of psychedelics.
- “Control is an illusion, so what are you afraid of losing?”
- “I had to sit through all scenarios I came up with to realize Love was the answer.”
- “It is a secret of human existence that we have this door inside of us we can access.”
- “Ayahuasca showed me they were just ego dreams."
- “It is really deep psychological work and you'll really have to face a mirror...”
- "What is lacking (in leadership) today is authenticity."
- "It wasn't science that put psychedelics in the sin-bin it was politics, so politics can take it out."
- "Psychedelics allow for more authentic leadership."
- "Leadership isn't someone who leads the way, it's someone who is between others."
How to connect with Luc Van Poelje and links mentioned in the show