Leadershipedelics episode 1 - Luc Van Poelje
December 08, 2021
Luc Van Poelje from Psychedelic Insights
In this episode we connect with Luc Van Poelje, the founder of Psychedelic Insights. Luc is a psychedelic guide, working with high dose psilocybin truffles. Based out of Amsterdam, he ran 2 different psychedelic retreat centers and is setting up his 3rd one this year. He is a Royal Netherlands Marine Corps veteran, internet startup entrepreneur, a passionate plant medicine advocate and he is a proud dad to his daughter Sam.
- Luc's 1st experience with Ayahuasca and the impact on his life.
- His journey to follow his heart and how it unfolded.
- His work with the ministry of defense in Netherlands to create a program to help veterans.
- His relationship with nature and how he brings this into his work.
- What he has learned from working with over 300 clients.
- His perspective on leadership in the world and on legalization of psychedelics.
- “Control is an illusion, so what are you afraid of losing?”
- “I had to sit through all scenarios I came up with to realize Love was the answer.”
- “It is a secret of human existence that we have this door inside of us we can access.”
- “Ayahuasca showed me they were just ego dreams."
- “It is really deep psychological work and you'll really have to face a mirror...”
- "What is lacking (in leadership) today is authenticity."
- "It wasn't science that put psychedelics in the sin-bin it was politics, so politics can take it out."
- "Psychedelics allow for more authentic leadership."
- "Leadership isn't someone who leads the way, it's someone who is between others."
How to connect with Luc Van Poelje and links mentioned in the show